Sandhills at Sundown

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Spent the sunset with the Sandhills today. The flight shots were after sundown shot at ISO 6400 on my crop sensor D500.
RJS_0511.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
RJS_0625.jpg
RJS_0637.jpg
RJS_0794-Enhanced-NR.jpg
RJS_1081-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Ron perhaps you posted these in the wrong section 😂

The quality of these photos are very high.

The nits are mostly very minor and only because you asked

Image 1 - to be "technically" correct - include the feet. Crop a tad tight - but not serious
Light and colour handled very well. great photo

Image 2 - beautiful - only change I would make is to separate the tones of the beak from the background.

Image 3 - Background competes a bit with the bird - great photo

Image 4 - Separation of subject from the background - great photo

Image 5 - you made very good use of the opportunity and light. Ander great photo

let me point out that normally I would not have commented on these images with crit - you really posted a good set of images. Perhaps sometimes one want to just make sure you are not missing something - hence posting for Crit? I sometimes miss things and sometimes it's good to let others take a look-see.

I love the second image in particular because of the warm tones and the greater contrast between light and dark parts of the image. I would attempt to create the same 'look' in the other static images by darkening the backgrounds and increasing the white balance. But I agree its nit-picking as they're great shots!

Back