Save jpeg from Photoshop with grid displayed?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

bleirer

Bill, Cleveland OH.
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I'm familiar with applying and viewing grids while in Photoshop, but is there a way to save a jpeg with the grid lines viewable? The only way I'm coming up with is to use the line drawing tool and snap a line to each part the grid.

Yeah, the only ways that come to mind are what you suggest with drawing lines to match the grid or taking a screen shot of the editing window while the grid lines are visible and processing that screen shot as your jpeg.

I can see them on my computer monitor when I use an hdmi cable, so you could catch that, or one of those Atmos Ninja things that video people use … that capture what the camera monitor shows.

I'm familiar with applying and viewing grids while in Photoshop, but is there a way to save a jpeg with the grid lines viewable? The only way I'm coming up with is to use the line drawing tool and snap a line to each part the grid.
What is the purpose?

There are some tools that could apply a watermark using any graphic desired. Sometimes I apply shooting settings in Photo Mechanic using Variables in the watermark.

For presentations, I normally create presentations in PowerPoint and can overlay any graphics desired. If I wanted to save a slide for posting here, I can take a screen shot or save it as a JPEG. On occasion, I have saved an image as a PDF and then converted to a JPEG in Photoshop.

Screen capture.

Back