Second Camera Body

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Thanks for everyone's comments and general support which confirms my thinking is that too identical bodies/setups is hard to beat. As an aside ruggedness tests are not likely done by many intentionally but yesterday by accident my Z8 and 600mmPF took a hard drop from about 4 feet high and skidded along my drive way. After my heart started beating again I picked it up and the lens hood is scratch pretty bad, a small scratch on the hot shoe and after it was cleaned up I can find no other scratches dents or visible damage. I tested it throughly last night and I can find no functional issue at all. Please do not try this at home but hopefully it gives some comfort for others on the ruggedness.
Ouch!

Starting tomorrow (May 1) the Z8 will have a $500 instant rebate. The Z9 will have no rebate (other than a trade-in discount). However, I have occasionally seen Z9 on Nikon refurbished at a significant discount. There is also someone on the sale forums here who wants to do a straight trade of their Z9 for a Z8.

My first bad move was dropping my 70-200 off a park bench onto concrete. The filter cracked and I was afraid I destroyed it. Ended up fixing it for 10 bucks and a new filter. Taught me a lesson.

Significant savings, the 24-70 2.8 S is $400 off (wow). Super deal on the Z8 as well. I paid the Early Adopter's fee last year 😆💸
Starting tomorrow (May 1) the Z8 will have a $500 instant rebate. The Z9 will have no rebate (other than a trade-in discount). However, I have occasionally seen Z9 on Nikon refurbished at a significant discount. There is also someone on the sale forums here who wants to do a straight trade of their Z9 for a Z8.

For OP, I have the Z8 and Zf. Obviously very different cameras but I like the variety and the Zf is such fun to use, and easy to tag along everywhere (with 26 2.8 pancake, super duper little lens). I also like having 45mp and 24mp sensors, since each body has specific use cases and it's a nice combo.

Downside to this - the variety 😆 Muscle memory is real, and bouncing between different bodies isn't ideal in faster paced scenarios (weddings, event, wildlife / action). The Zf is many ways forces me to slow down a little, but, that can also mean missed shots even if something makes you pause for 1/2 second here & there.

For me ideally, a Z8 / 9 / f would be super. The 8 and 9 are close enough, and I miss having a grip'd body at times (the MB-N12 misses the mark IMO / for me). So someday I'll add a Z9 but I'm more than content with my current setup. Hope this is helpful in some way.

Back