Seeking a plate or method to attach a BlackRapid RS-4 sling to a NIkkor Z 180-600 tripod foot

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Greetings! Would you happen to know of a QR plate that is Arca-Swiss, and can accommodate the RS-4 on the tripod foot of the NIkkor Z 180-600 f/5.6-6.3 telephoto zoom? (My current thought would be to replace my existing Promaster QR plate 7083 with yours…except that it must have 2 screws that screw into the Nikkor Z 180-600 foot…(only 1 screw would allow twisting of the plate on the lens foot, being that the lens is rather long and heavy.)
Thank you!
Regards,
Steve
[email protected]

Greetings! Would you happen to know of a QR plate that is Arca-Swiss, and can accommodate the RS-4 on the tripod foot of the NIkkor Z 180-600 f/5.6-6.3 telephoto zoom? (My current thought would be to replace my existing Promaster QR plate 7083 with yours…except that it must have 2 screws that screw into the Nikkor Z 180-600 foot…(only 1 screw would allow twisting of the plate on the lens foot, being that the lens is rather long and heavy.)
Thank you!
Regards,
Steve
[email protected]
There are many options, but an inexpensive and solid way to go is a two bolt long lens plate like this one: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/prod...MIjo6G_quuhQMVfRCtBh2JnwAfEAQYBSABEgL3kfD_BwE

As I recall, one of the threaded mounting holes on the 180-600mm foot is 3/8 and the other 1/4 so you'd want an inexpensive 1/4" to 3/8" adapter that are available online or at any camera store. IOW, something like this:

Screenshot 2024-04-06 at 1.45.18 PM.png

Hejnar plate for 180--600 - It allows both screws into the stock plate, and an access for the Black-Rapid. I own it - I bough it off eBay and 100% recommend it. .part number C2-375

I have a BlackRapid Hybrid Breathe cross body strap attached to the original lens foot as shown.

Attachments

• IMG_8140.jpeg
    IMG_8140.jpeg
    466.8 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_8141.jpeg
    IMG_8141.jpeg
    441.7 KB · Views: 24
I use this Arca with a long stopper making it an untwistable plate.
I use it at 90°. I'm mounting it on slides as the bodies.

It has a QD and that's the reason I bought it

1712443365933.png
2024-04-07 00 46 56.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2024-04-07 00 49 19.jpg

Last edited:
Convert the Black Rapid connection screw to a QD connector and get a plate with a QD socket or use a Kirk mini Quick Release Clamp to use with any Arca-Swiss plate mounted to the foot of the 180-600mm. Put two 1/ 4 x 20 screws in the plate and bush the 3/8" in the foot down like DR mentioned.

IMG_1214.jpg

100% Hejnar. Extremely well made (here in US), fits perfectly, QD connect, and has a pin fit so there is zero loosening or twisting. I've posted photos before on other threads but here are a few more...
Hejnar 1860000.jpg
Hejnar 1860001.jpg
Hejnar 1860002.jpg

Just to add my 2p's worth to this discussion.

Back when I had Canon gear and continued with my Olympus.......

I use Black Rapid strap and have fitted Whimberley C-12 clamp to it. The grub screws on the C-12 mean that once the BR swivel screw is firmly attached the grub screws bite into the rubber washer and that means that connection isn't coming loose anytime soon.

So, on my Canon 100-400mm I fitted an AS grooved lens plate that the C-12 clamped onto. The Olympus 300mm is AS grooved on its lens foot but for my 40-150mm f2.8 I fitted an AS plate.

Therefore subject to your finding a suitable plate perhaps what I described might 'work for you'

PS obviously to mount on a tripod or monopod I remove the C-12. However, I now have (as yet unused) a Kirk Photo Security Strap SS1 this has an AS grooved base for when needing to mount on a tripod without requiring the strap to be removed from the lens foot :)

Link here https://kirkphoto.com/kirk-security-strap.html

HTH ?

Back