Shared Wildlife

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Our local camera shor, Art's Cameras of Greenfield WI, provides many sharing and classroom opportunities. they recently held a Saturday Wildlife session, where participants could share a few of their favorites with the shop including a 13x19 print of one shot in the $20 class fee. Due to a few technical glitches, they generously allowed us two prints and I chose to print all four of my submittals as shown below. Great session with good discussion and opportunity to share info and skills. Here are the shots I have printed (13x19) and will hang on my walls.
The elk shot is cropped at 26.7mp to eliminate local background in downtown Estes Park, CO. The remaining shots are uncropped. The baboon is an Infrared shot from Saudi Arabia, the Heron shot is from a local park and the Sandhill Crane shot is from Kearney, NE. The crane shot was at sunset and was processed for dramatic effect.
Also note, unintentionally, these four shots are from 4 different camera/lens combos.

Shared_01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Shared_02.jpg

Shared_03.jpg

Shared_04.jpg

Last edited:
All four images are WINNERS! Well cone!
Thank you. I am working hard to build my skills and to take best advantage of the photo opportunities that present themselves to me! There are amazing photos and photographers all across this site for us to admire and learn from.

Thank you. TheSandhill Cranes in Nebraska are magical. Every year from late Feb to early Apr upwards of 500,000 sandhill cranes stopover on a 50mi/80km stretch of the North Platte River near Kearney Nebraska. The forage the fields during the day and spend the night on the river for protection.

That means, in the morning you can watch a couple hndred thousand birds takeoff right in front of you. Sometimes they go all at once and other times they go in waves. In the evening, as shown here, they return to the river for the night. At first they come in smaller groups starting about 45 minutes before sunset and then in bigger waves until the sky above and the river in front of you is all birds! The scens isamazing and so is the noise level. During the day they spread out to local farm fields to eat the last of the prior year corn kernels in the fields. I haver posted several shots of prior trips.

Here is a morning shot.
Takeoff.jpg

Back