Short Report on Adventures At Magee Marsh On 4/25/24

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

On the wildlife drive I saw plenty of warblers, kinglets and american coots on 4/21. Also loved seeing the black necked stilts back at Howard Marsh as well along with lots dunlins and lesser yellowlegs.

I think the birds know better than we, and in spite of signs of an early spring namely the return of RWBB's, GBH's, osprey, etc. the warblers are highly attuned. With the warm up projected to begin next week, I suspect that the action will start picking up.

Thanks. We are coming from the south so hopefully will not be impacted.....at least by that spot. Of course, we find road delays frequently when traveling. :rolleyes:
There is construction on 75 through Cincinnati and Dayton if you are coming up this way.

I live outside of Cincinnati. We are seeing some warblers passing through now. We usually get them a couple weeks before they show up in the MaGee area.

There is construction on 75 through Cincinnati and Dayton if you are coming up this way.

I live outside of Cincinnati. We are seeing some warblers passing through now. We usually get them a couple weeks before they show up in the MaGee area.
Thanks, Jeff. Would it make sense to take 71 over to Columbus and go up that way? We will be towing a 40' 5th wheel.........

Thanks, Jeff. Would it make sense to take 71 over to Columbus and go up that way? We will be towing a 40' 5th wheel.........
Karen. Even with the construction I think you will still make better time going up 75 instead of taking 71 over to Columbus and working north from there. There is a few mile stretch in Cincinnati around where 74 splits off. And there is a stretch for a couple miles in Dayton. I was up to Findlay for the eclipse and those were the places we slowed down. Not sure about Findlay to Toledo. It that stretch usually moves pretty well. I live about 20 miles south of Cincinnati.

Back