Short Telephoto for Deer

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

CoyoteCreationsNW

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I often run across deer at close range, less than 40 yards. I was so close I could have shot this without the TC but no time to change. I would appreciate your comments on the "environmental" shot. The close-up is a 100% crop to show the IQ a bit better.
WhiteTail_BC1_DSC_7680.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
WhiteTail_100crop_DSC_7680.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

The only thing that is slightly bothersome is that the feet are not visible behind the hill.
FWIW, I'm not at all bothered by that as room was left for the implicit feet. Maybe that's just me but sometimes feet are obscured by grass, snow, sand and the like but as long as the photographer frames for the implicit room they'd take it doesn't give the sense of amputating the legs.

FWIW, I'm not at all bothered by that as room was left for the implicit feet. Maybe that's just me but sometimes feet are obscured by grass, snow, sand and the like but as long as the photographer frames for the implicit room they'd take it doesn't give the sense of amputating the legs.
A lesson taught me by you with a shot of an Elk I took; think of that lesson often, thanks!

Back