SHOTKIT says

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Charles Loy

Supporting Member
Marketplace
shotkit, not sure who they are but they state that they stay on top of all things concerning photography equipment! Exciting
So, they post this colorful survey on another photo forum I follow..
Screenshot 2022-11-21 055.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Results are best taken with a large lump of salt. It seems the methodology is not carefully explained, especially what population (s) of photographers were included in the survey; which genres etc. There's an active thread on this article over on dpr.

The underlying issues are no one outside the camera companies (probably) has reliable marketing, sales and support data etc. Articles on this topic also verge into catalysing brand wars in forums

If it wasn't a random sample it ain't valid. End of discussion.
Results are best taken with a large lump of salt. It seems the methodology is not carefully explained, especially what population (s) of photographers were included in the survey; which genres etc. There's an active thread on this article over on dpr.

The underlying issues are no one outside the camera companies (probably) has reliable marketing, sales and support data etc. Articles on this topic also verge into catalysing brand wars in forums

Yes, I post that as a close your eyes and throw the dart.. was not suggesting the comic was fact.. first I have read of shotkit.

Back