Should I buy A Nikon Z50?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have a Nikon D500 & Nikon D7500. Is there any reason for me to buy the Z50? I would like to get the Nikon Z series to start using mirrorless but the price on the better models is more than I want to spend right now.
Coming into this thread late. . . I have a Z50 and I think it's a splendid little camera if you are ok shooting DX. It's a bargain. The thing that BUGS me, however, is that a spare battery costs $70 and there are NO third party batteries available.

I bought a Z50 to have something light for walking around. I have a D750, and love it, but it can get heavy after awhile. The Z6 wasn’t in my budget, and I got a great deal on a used Z50 kit, with both lenses, an extra battery, a half leather protective case, and an ftz adapter. The dx format suits me just fine for most of my needs, and I have the full frame 750 if I need more. I find I’m using the Z50 most of the time now.

Back