Should I get a photo vest, and if so which one

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I, too, use the Scottevest. I actually have three now, my oldest one, in Olive green, is dedicated to photography and hiking. Not cheap but very functional for travel and photography. I find it to have a wide temperature range, is comfortable in most conditions, and looks good. They do make a lighter -weight vest which has fewer pockets but is said to be cooler.

I live in Texas where it can be humid all year long. I had a Domke photo vest that was just too heavy for TX even in the winter. The sweat it produced when wearing it made it just about not useable.

For lighter photo things , (not heavy lenses) I second the recommendation for a Scottivest product. Or maybe a mesh based fly fishing vest. Check out the hunting and fishing vests at LL Bean and REI. Some are made for women. Most come in different sizes.

Back