If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Fabulous shot @DHL - What are your initial thoughts on the Z8 ?

Harry.G
Thank you, Harry!

I‘ve been shooting Z9s since early last year, so the “move” to the Z8 was easy. I set the camera up identically to how I set up the Z9s and it was a seamless transition. The ergonomics of the Z8 are great and I didn’t feel disadvantaged in any meaningful way relative to the Z9. The Z8 with the Z400mm f2.8 VR TC S balanced well on my tripod and gimbal, and it was really a pleasure to use on the day I put on the Z400mm f4.5 (and that was a good call because we did some challenging hiking that day). Battery life wasn’t a significant concern. While I carried a couple of spares, they weren’t really necessary even though I was shooting 20fps for a sustained period of time.

I plan on keeping my Z9s because I also use them in an underwater housing, but if I didn’t already have the Z9 housing I would probably sell one Z9 and buy a second Z8 and use the Z8s underwater. I do like the vertical grip on the Z9 and would keep one for that reason. For non-diving travel, I will most often carry one Z9 and one Z8 to lighten my load.

Please let me know if you have any specific questions.

Dennis