Size: Z9 vs D500 with Battery grip?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

AstroEd

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Would anyone here have access to the Z9 and a D500 with the battery grip? I would love to see a size comparison between the 2. I have the D500 with grip and it is harder to get in and out of my camera bag now, and wonder if the Z9 would have the same issue.

Thanks, I need to rethink my partitions in my bag going forward. And I actually found that link almost immediately after posting this question :) By the way can I have a battery in the D500 body AND the battery grip? or just the grip when it is attached?

Thanks, I need to rethink my partitions in my bag going forward. And I actually found that link almost immediately after posting this question :) By the way can I have a battery in the D500 body AND the battery grip? or just the grip when it is attached?
You can also program which battery you'd like the camera to use first and have the other as back-up. For my D850, I have the camera using the EN-EL18c battery in the grip (ease of access) and the EN-EL15c in the body for the "just-in-case" situations.

Get a bigger bag. I have 4 different shoulder bags of varying sizes for the various combinations of cameras and lenses I plan to take out in the field. I have 3 different sizes of backpacks as well.

Easy to measure your camera and lens and determine the ideal inside dimensions for a new bag. Then go to the B&H website and use their filters for width and depth and height to get a small selection and then check the reviews by people who have bought the bags.

Back