Slow Motion Video with the Z9

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Ivan Rothman

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am not very experienced with video shooting and I'd appreciate any comments to help with how I'm doing it.

With wildlife, I do love slow motion video. I've successfully done slow motion video with my Z7ii with the camera doing the processing in camera.
But as far as I can tell, with the Z9 you can record video at 120fps, but not process it to play back at 30 fps to get the slow motion. That processing has to be done in software and I've done it in PhotoShop.
I finally figured out how to at least playback the video clip in slow motion in the camera for review. I record the video at 3820x2160 120p or at 1920x1080 120p. To view video, recorded at 120fps, at 2X or 4X slow-motion playback > start playing by pressing OK button > press down arrow on multiselector to pause > press down arrow on multiselector again to play at ½ speed > press right arrow to continue play at ¼ speed. But this MOV file when downloaded will not play in slow motion until I open it in Photoshop, go to the TimeLine and reduce the speed of playback and then save the file.

Does anyone know an easier way of doing these things?

I use Adobe Premier Rush. I shoot at either 60 or 120 and in the program you can slow down sections as much as you want. Adobe Premier Rush is included in the Photography subscription.

I use Adobe Premier Rush. I shoot at either 60 or 120 and in the program you can slow down sections as much as you want. Adobe Premier Rush is included in the Photography subscription.
I never knew that Adobe Premier Rush was free with the Photography plan for PS and LR. And I never had any experience using it. I just watched a video tutorial of the program and it looks like something I want. I'll download it. Thanks for the advice.

I never knew that Adobe Premier Rush was free with the Photography plan for PS and LR. And I never had any experience using it. I just watched a video tutorial of the program and it looks like something I want. I'll download it. Thanks for the advice.
I've found it much more intuitive to use than DaVinci.

Back