Small victories!

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

After a few failures, much head scratching, watching Youtube, and consulting camera books for Dummies and the factory manual, :alien: I finally figured out how to set back button focus on my D 7100 and D7500! Even an explanation from one of Nikon's techs was somewhat lacking. I had no idea it was possible to go seamlessly from continuous focus to single image just by lifting my thumb. So far, I haven't poked myself in the eye , either. :LOL: I'm going to have to try it enough to see if I really can use it. An upcoming trip to Yellowstone should show me. I have two shooting buddies...one loves bbf, and the other hates it.

Glad you figured it out, but did you watch Steve’s video on BBAF? If you haven’t, I urge you to watch it. You may find some suggestions that you missed in skulling it out on your own.

After a few failures, much head scratching, watching Youtube, and consulting camera books for Dummies and the factory manual, :alien: I finally figured out how to set back button focus on my D 7100 and D7500! Even an explanation from one of Nikon's techs was somewhat lacking. I had no idea it was possible to go seamlessly from continuous focus to single image just by lifting my thumb. So far, I haven't poked myself in the eye , either. :LOL: I'm going to have to try it enough to see if I really can use it. An upcoming trip to Yellowstone should show me. I have two shooting buddies...one loves bbf, and the other hates it.
At times I find setting certain features in the camera challenging

Back