Smallrig Z9 L bracket

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

PeterKelly

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I am not an avid tripod user but I am trying more landscape and long exposure stuff so a tripod is a necessity. I like to use an L bracket with shorter lenses that don't have tripod collars. I did a bit or research and found three options - RRS pre order for $190, Kirk pre order for $195 and Smallrig currently available at $69. I have usually been bitten in the butt when buying the cheaper alternative but decided to take a flyer on the Smallrig product as I need if for an upcoming shoot in White Sands.

My first attempt to buy one direct from Smallrig was frustrating. I placed an online order and heard nothing for about two weeks. I followed up and got a response that it was expected to ship in two to three weeks with another ten working days shipping time. I cancelled the order and purchased another one from an Ebay seller. The order was placed on Thursday morning and I received today (Monday) It was lightning fast shipping from China.

First impressions of the L Bracket a re very favourable. It seems to be well made and fits the Z perfectly allowing access to the battery cards and all ports. The two side are held together with two countersunk screws and the bottom where it attaches to the camera has the usual screw, a rubber protective piece and a small post to stop any twisting. There is also a nifty mini screw driver that attaches to the the bottom of the bracket with a magnet.

It's early days but it looks like a very good product and I can use the $120 I saved as a significant contribution to the 100-400 that I have decided I must have..........:rolleyes:

The only thing saving me from myself is that they are on backorder....

Last edited:
The RRS D6 one fits. I tried a Chinese one on I think my D4 for similar reason, it cracked within a year.

Stetson-045.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Back