If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Fort Edwards has come up in my search for Snowy Owl sightings a couple of times. Maybe couple hours away from me. Is this an area with good highway access. I road hunt in my senior years.

Just gorgeous Paul. I could look at these all day. Amazing how good this owl looks against a bright white grey background. Nicely done.

Fort Edwards has come up in my search for Snowy Owl sightings a couple of times. Maybe couple hours away from me. Is this an area with good highway access. I road hunt in my senior years.
Yes. Look up Ft Edward Grasslands on the internet and you’ll see maps of the area. You’ll be looking for Black House Road, Fitzpatrick Dr, SR 46 and Plum Road. When I was there in late December there were 3 female Snowys and a few Short Eared Owls. I had thought to go back (a 7 hr drive each way) but the reports I’m getting is the SEOs have thinned to just a few, maybe, and limited owl sightings, but who knows.

Yes. Look up Ft Edward Grasslands on the internet and you’ll see maps of the area. You’ll be looking for Black House Road, Fitzpatrick Dr, SR 46 and Plum Road. When I was there in late December there were 3 female Snowys and a few Short Eared Owls. I had thought to go back (a 7 hr drive each way) but the reports I’m getting is the SEOs have thinned to just a few, maybe, and limited owl sightings, but who knows.
Your intel is just what I need. Can't thank you enough. Getting skunked on a trip is part of hunting. But, hate to get skunked when all the action is just over the hill. I have never seen Snowy or Short Eared. Road Trip!!!

Your intel is just what I need. Can't thank you enough. Getting skunked on a trip is part of hunting. But, hate to get skunked when all the action is just over the hill. I have never seen Snowy or Short Eared. Road Trip!!!
One thing you might do is look up Cornell University E-Bird on the internet. I signed up for regular reports concerning sightings of Snowys and it's very helpful in deciding where to look for photo opportunities.