Some Eagles

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Rick S

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Yesterday was my first trip out for Eagles in 3 weeks or so, since before a bad eye infection. I stayed about an hour and a half, but not much going on. All generators running, plus 8 spill gates so water was extremely high and fast. My highlights. D850/500Pf, hand held. A shot of some the water included. :)
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_105-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_096-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_097-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_098-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_099-Enhanced-NR.jpg
2024-03-12 Conowingo Dam_101-Enhanced-NR.jpg

Yesterday was my first trip out for Eagles in 3 weeks or so, since before a bad eye infection. I stayed about an hour and a half, but not much going on. All generators running, plus 8 spill gates so water was extremely high and fast. My highlights. D850/500Pf, hand held. A shot of some the water included. :)
View attachment 84089View attachment 84090View attachment 84091View attachment 84092View attachment 84093View attachment 84094
Hope the eye infections gone. I am assuming the shad run will increase the action.

Hope the eye infections gone. I am assuming the shad run will increase the action.
Thanks Ralph. I appreciate it. It's pretty much gone, but still a little sore.

The shad run should really kick it up. Folks were hoping it might start early this year, but I fear all the snow melt from northern areas and all the recent rains may slow it down. For the last few weeks it seems the water has been extremely high and cold as they have, like all this week, been running spill gates. All that extra cold water and current keeps them down river longer.

Nice shots.
We were there on the 14th.
Very little activity on the genterator side as it looked like none of them were running. The spillways were all open and the Eagles were hanging over on that side.

Back