If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

curtf

Supporting Member
Marketplace
This is from one day in October with kites. The red one is common here in Sweden but the black one is not. In Swedish we call the black kite " brun glada" which means brown kite. And I think they are more brown than black.

Well, I would like very much if you tell me which image you think is the best. If any is good at all.

All images shot with Fuji X-T3, Fringer adapter and Canon 400 DO2.

Röd Glada 2021-10-11 dn (a).JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Röd glada 2021-10-11 (b).JPG

Röd glada 2021-10-11 dn (d).jpg

Röd glada 2021-10-11 dn (c).jpg

Röd glada 2021-10-11 dn (e).jpg

This is from one day in October with kites. The red one is common here in Sweden but the black one is not. In Swedish we call the black kite " brun glada" which means brown kite. And I think they are more brown than black.

Well, I would like very much if you tell me which image you think is the best. If any is good at all.

All images shot with Fuji X-T3, Fringer adapter and Canon 400 DO2.

View attachment 28647

View attachment 28648

View attachment 28649

View attachment 28650

View attachment 28651
Gorgeous shots Curt and razor sharp!👍👍👍

Really good images Curtf - if i had to pick a favourite I would go with #5. Did you see what prey it was after? We also have a Black Kite here in Australia that can be distinguished from the other locally common Whistling Kite by a forked tail in flight.

Really good images Curtf - if i had to pick a favourite I would go with #5. Did you see what prey it was after? We also have a Black Kite here in Australia that can be distinguished from the other locally common Whistling Kite by a forked tail in flight.

Thank you very much! The kites had found some dead ducks. In image number 5 I think there are some feathers in the claws of the bird.

This is an excellent set. I like no.3 best for the position of the bird. No.4 is a close runner up but I'm partial to BIF. The detail in no.4 is awesome. Nice job.

I love 3 and 4 but I think my favorite is #5 because it's not your typical angle / lighting and the fur/feathers caught in the talons make the picture.

My only question from an editing standpoint is whether the head is really that blue, especially in #4 - I have seen those birds when I lived in Europe but it's been a very long time so I don't remember the actual color nuance.

I used to own the 400DO v2 and I have to say, the quality you got out of it on Fuji is stunning!

I love 3 and 4 but I think my favorite is #5 because it's not your typical angle / lighting and the fur/feathers caught in the talons make the picture.

My only question from an editing standpoint is whether the head is really that blue, especially in #4 - I have seen those birds when I lived in Europe but it's been a very long time so I don't remember the actual color nuance.

I used to own the 400DO v2 and I have to say, the quality you got out of it on Fuji is stunning!

Maybe I did them a bit too cool. It happens that I don't do images as warm as my friends shooting Canon. And I don't know why, but friends shooting Nikon I think often makes images more yellow than I do.

About the 400 DO2, I bought one of the first of that lens and a 7D2 and started shooting birds. When I bought the Fuji X-T2 and the Fuji 100-400 I was very surprised that the Fuji combo gave me a little better IQ than the Canon combo at shorter distances. At medium and longer distances the Canon combo was better. Then I got a Fringer adapter and tried the Canon lens on the Fuji body and found it was possible to get even better IQ at all distances. But I had to focus manually, the adapter was not optimized for this lens.

Last year Fringer did the AF optimization for this Canon lens but I was disappointed, the AF was quite bad. Then I tried my 400 DO2 on a friends new Canom R5, and the AF was even worse! About a year ago Canon released a new firmware for this lens and after that the AF works really well both on R5 and Fuji X-T3/X-T4.

You have let the photos do the talking, i think i will cancel my order for a z9
You have made it clear that you are a photographer not a recorder...........