Sometimes it is not all about the sharpness and lack of noise

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have several single subject photos of beautiful, colorful birds on a perch-Green Jay, Cardinal, Great Kiskadee, etc. They are technically undemanding shots. I have a boatload of roughly equivalent images.

I also have a technically difficult shot of two juvenile Redwing Blackbirds arguing in the air over a perch. The shot is technically as perfect as my ability can get-sharp, eye in focus, proper exposure, everything. It took me half a day using ProCapture (pre-capture) to get this ONE image. The only problem is that juvenile Redwing Blackbirds are not colorful. Yes, the wings of both birds are spread perfectly, and my shutter speed was good enough to freeze the wings. Great shot technically. Just not pretty

Which to people like better? Kinda a tie between the Kiskadee and the Green Jay with a Western Bluebird not far behind. The two birds in flight aren't noticed.

Beauty wins every time,

Tom
329978129_1706093263167821_4990219711630468880_n.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
358083216_10230990736256435_5685117981135951082_n.jpg
PA062201_western_bluebird_small.jpg

So much wisdom in what your saying, a good goal for 2024.

In finance the head should rule, in love the heart should rule...........love what you do is the key.

There are those of us that make photo's and those that make record shots, neither is right or wrong, its what makes you happy that counts.

I believe a artistic approach is more sustainably enjoyable in the long term than a clinical deadly sharp technically perfectly accurate shot.

A good photographer can use any tool anywhere any time to make the photo connect with the viewer and evoke a pleasing emotion of some sort.

Pleasing your self first second and third is all that matters.

Only an opinion
truth

I have several single subject photos of beautiful, colorful birds on a perch-Green Jay, Cardinal, Great Kiskadee, etc. They are technically undemanding shots. I have a boatload of roughly equivalent images.

I also have a technically difficult shot of two juvenile Redwing Blackbirds arguing in the air over a perch. The shot is technically as perfect as my ability can get-sharp, eye in focus, proper exposure, everything. It took me half a day using ProCapture (pre-capture) to get this ONE image. The only problem is that juvenile Redwing Blackbirds are not colorful. Yes, the wings of both birds are spread perfectly, and my shutter speed was good enough to freeze the wings. Great shot technically. Just not pretty

Which to people like better? Kinda a tie between the Kiskadee and the Green Jay with a Western Bluebird not far behind. The two birds in flight aren't noticed.

Beauty wins every time,

TomView attachment 76612View attachment 76613View attachment 76614
I think all of these photos have their own unique charm. I'd be happy with any of them in my portfolio.

Beauty wins every time,

TomView attachment 76612View attachment 76613View attachment 76614
Very enjoyable, for me perfect to hang on any wall, the colours are just lovely and the backgrounds are excellent.

Only an opinion

Back