Song trush

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Today we were walking in a park when I spotted a trush that landed nearby on a branch. I waited and approached him. He flew onto the ground and I went down there too. This allowed me to get this shot which was the best out of the bunch( I took about 100+ shots)
WildlifeWildlifeRaw Photo (69)DENOISED-SharpenAI-softness.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
because this is my first time photographing them. All critique is appreciated, but please keep in mind that I am not a fan of cloning out things.

Overall I'd say you did well. The bird's eye is sharp. And you did a good job eliminating most of the potentially distracting elements in the surroundings. As presented you have the bird's eye positioned roughly on the intersection of the right and upper thirds lines and looking into the frame. That's nicely done.

From an editing standpoint I'm cautious to mention WB and/or color because although I do calibrate this monitor it's just a laptop screen. But on my monitor it looks like WB is off. Judging by the greens/browns the scene looks a little "cool". Which is to be expected in a scene with a lot of browns. With a lot of warm colors in the scene the camera will tend to over correct WB. A little bit of increase in contrast/clarity might also be beneficial.

Overall I'd say you did well. The bird's eye is sharp. And you did a good job eliminating most of the potentially distracting elements in the surroundings. As presented you have the bird's eye positioned roughly on the intersection of the right and upper thirds lines and looking into the frame. That's nicely done.

From an editing standpoint I'm cautious to mention WB and/or color because although I do calibrate this monitor it's just a laptop screen. But on my monitor it looks like WB is off. Judging by the greens/browns the scene looks a little "cool". Which is to be expected in a scene with a lot of browns. With a lot of warm colors in the scene the camera will tend to over correct WB. A little bit of increase in contrast/clarity might also be beneficial.
Thanks. I agree about the clarity but at least on my screen, it looks okay.

Back