Sony 600f4

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

DavidT

Supporting Member
Marketplace
What replacement foot are folks using with this lens? I see Kirk and RRS both have one. The Kirk is slightly longer but weighs less. The RRS has a bump that I’m wondering if it makes it more comfortable to carry.

I appreciate your input.

I have a Kirk foot - I think it was the only one in stock when I needed it. Works great though, although the edges are all 90 degrees, so it's not overly ergonomic.

I have a Kirk foot - I think it was the only one in stock when I needed it. Works great though, although the edges are all 90 degrees, so it's not overly ergonomic.
What’s your thought of how the RRS foot looks compared to Kirk? I have a Kirk on the 200-600 and it’s not that comfortable on the hands.
What’s your thoughts on adding an arca plate to the factory foot rather than replacing?

What’s your thought of how the RRS foot looks compared to Kirk? I have a Kirk on the 200-600 and it’s not that comfortable on the hands.

- I have no specific experience to directly compare these two brands of replacement feet.

What’s your thoughts on adding an arca plate to the factory foot rather than replacing?
- I'd go with a good quality aftermarket foot with an Arca attachment built in over an Arca plate added to a factory foot if I was able to do so.

I have the Wimberley AP-616 foot. I had a Wimberley foot on my Nikon 500 f/4 and was quite happy with it. Happy with this as well. Long, very nicely made and comfortable to hold.

I honestly haven't really looked at any of the other feet. When I got my lens, the Kirk was the only one in stock and I'm happy enough with it that I haven't thought about replacing it. :)

I personally don't like attaching an area plate to an existing foot. Usually the aftermarket feet are lower profile and it seems like the add-on feet always find a way to loosen. Just easier to attach a dedicated foot and call it a day IMO :)

Back