Sony a1 buffer clearing time - Lexar cf-a gold vs silver

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hello,

has anyone tried to compare gold vs silver Lexar cf-a cards in A1? Both have a guarantee of 400 MB/s (which even pergear can sustain) but is the gold card really that much better in real world? Max speeds differ, but sony a1 can only push 655 with gold card, while silver has a declared max of 700, so still with a little bit headroom.

There is an article comparing cards, but lexar silver was not mentioned.
Does anyone have a cf-a LEXAR silver card and could measure time to clear the buffer (with compressed RAW for instance)?

I can add that pergear measurements appear to be spot on.

Cheers, Michal

I have one 160GB Lexar gold and really like it but also have a fe of the Sony cards as well as one Delkin card. I can't tell much difference in either of them even when shooting 8K video.

I have one 160GB Lexar gold and really like it but also have a fe of the Sony cards as well as one Delkin card. I can't tell much difference in either of them even when shooting 8K video.
Thanks, I am interested in buffer clear times (either full raw or compressed) gold vs silver. What Bugs me is the same issue as there was with a9 - there was no difference between 300MB/s cards vs 150 (Sony G vs M ) as the camera was the bottleneck. So far the max speed of a1 appears to be 650 MB/s based on the article (based on my cculations the a1 is a bit faster ... But I might be wrong). So the questions is if the lexar silver is capable of keeping up with a1 and buffer clearing and if gold is an overkill (same as a9 and G sd card).

I have pergear card and the buffer clearout takes indeed 15s. I have came across quite cheap lexar cards and I might switch the main card for small lexar to have a theoretical advantage (ateast for 2k shots 😉)

Back