Sony A1 (Post FW 2.0) Battery Drain

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I’ve just finished upgrading my A1 and my A9III :
  • A9III : from 1.00 to 2.00. Using a CF Express A card. Very fast, around 5 minutes. The configuration is kept.
  • A1 : from 2.00 to 2.01. Using the UBS-C port. About 25 minutes. The configuration is kept.
    Note : if you didn’t upgrade to 2.00, you still have to update to 1.35 first and then to 2.01. Is this case the configuration is lost and you have to re-enter it manually.
Could you not do the 2.0 to 2.01 via memory card?

EDIT: Nevermind, downloaded both FW and see the A9III is a totally different type of file to do via card.
Dumb that Sony didn't give the option to do 2.01 from 2.0 via the card. Maybe didn't want to confuse people as they know a lot didn't get onto 2.0 yet before they pulled it.

Last edited:
Could you not do the 2.0 to 2.01 via memory card?
Even if the "Software Update" button was available after the migration to 2.00, the procedure to migrate to 2.01 mentioned on Sony site is to use the USB-C port.
I didn't try using the CF Express A card.
No need to take additional risks ;)

Back