South Texas Whitetails

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Wade Abadie

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I spent this past weekend in the famed "brush country" of South Texas photographing Whitetails. Conditions weren't ideal, with warm temperatures and varying degrees of humidity and fog. However I still managed to capture a few memorable shots. This one was probably my favorite of the entire trip...

_Z810834-Enhanced-NR.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
I spent this past weekend in the famed "brush country" of South Texas photographing Whitetails. Conditions weren't ideal, with warm temperatures and varying degrees of humidity and fog. However I still managed to capture a few memorable shots. This one was probably my favorite of the entire trip...

View attachment 74896
Wade, awesome composition and subjects! I really like it!

Wade, I see you used the z180-600mm. After a week with it how do you like it? Can you estimate how many of your shots were at 600mm?
I love it! I've had it for about a month actually...I just haven't had much time to use it yet. Prior to this I only got out to use it for one morning. Unfortunately most of my time with it so far has been in less than ideal conditions. However, it is doing just as well as expected.

So far, I would say 80-90% of my shots are at 600mm. Many of the deer shots (the above photo included) were taken from over 100 yards away, so 600mm was much needed.

Last edited:
You captured that perfectly. Each buck representing their respective “pecking order”. I love Whitetails. I assume that the rut has kicked off there. It is on here in West Texas.

Back