Spotted Sandpiper bobbing around looking for food

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Spotted Sandpiper looking for food in the Mississippi River backwaters near Hannibal.
Interesting bobbing walk it has, almost like it is dancing.
Canon R5 RF 800mmf11 RF 1.4X 4k crop mode
Wonderful footage Dave. You did a great job maintaining focus on the bird even behind all those obstructions. The are one of my favourite shorebirds and love their little dancing.
Cheers,
Rudy

Wonderful footage Dave. You did a great job maintaining focus on the bird even behind all those obstructions. The are one of my favourite shorebirds and love their little dancing.
Cheers,
Rudy
Thanks Rudy!
I have been using manual focus on the eaglets in the nest, but this one I used full screen auto focus, animal priority and the camera did a great job for me.
Dave

Thanks Rudy!
I have been using manual focus on the eaglets in the nest, but this one I used full screen auto focus, animal priority and the camera did a great job for me.
Dave
Hi Dave,
What exactly is "full screen auto focus?" I'm not familiar with that designation on the R5. Could you describe it another way for me please?
Thanks,
Rudy

Hi Dave,
What exactly is "full screen auto focus?" I'm not familiar with that designation on the R5. Could you describe it another way for me please?
Thanks,
Rudy
Rudy,
Had to look at the manual. It is called Face + tracking, the first method you can choose to the left in the menu's. It is available on stills and movies.
HTH
Dave
PS I use animal and sometimes I enable eye detection and sometimes not.

Rudy,
Had to look at the manual. It is called Face + tracking, the first method you can choose to the left in the menu's. It is available on stills and movies.
HTH
Dave
PS I use animal and sometimes I enable eye detection and sometimes not.
Hi again Dave,
Could I trouble you to send me the page number in the manual. I still can't figure this out.
Thanks,
Rudy

Hi Dave,
No need to search in the manual for me. I found the place in the manual and I immediately recognized it. Thanks.
The thing is I had no idea it worked as well as is demonstrated in your Sandpiper video. Great stuff! :) (y)(y)(y)
Rudy

Hi Dave,
No need to search in the manual for me. I found the place in the manual and I immediately recognized it. Thanks.
The thing is I had no idea it worked as well as is demonstrated in your Sandpiper video. Great stuff! :) (y)(y)(y)
Rudy
Rudy,
It is my go to autofocus method. If it struggles, I use a single point on a button to help it.
Dave

Back