Squirrels in a very little wood

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I went to this nearby city park occasionally over the last few years. There are only three squirrels in this wodden part of the park, but also others in different surrounding areas. Tese squirrels are used to the many visitors of the park, which normally do there own daily things like walking, dog walking, running, cycling or picnicking. So the squirrels stay wild and shy. But, over the years they accepted me - in the beginning camouflaged - as long as I lay down and don't make too quick movemants. I've spend hours over hours with them and it was a lot of fun, beside of the midges, which stitched me massively.
I named the on with the cut in it's left ear "Braveheart", because it was the first who came very near to me. But since a few weeks, the smallest squirrel, I named "Little One", got bold and climbed all over me. I love to be a bit connected with this intelligent and funny little animals. They know well, that there is allways a collection of sunflowerseed, hazelnuts and walnuts to find all over the place.

PSX_20240522_103820.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
PSX_20240522_104306.jpg
PSX_20240522_104448.jpg
PSX_20240522_104646.jpg
PSX_20240522_104820.jpg
PSX_20240522_104936.jpg
PSX_20240522_105054.jpg
PSX_20240522_105233.jpg

It's often not much light in the wood, so the iso values go up rapidly, when I try to capture their fast movements.

There are more pictures to come, if you're interested...

Back