Stargazer

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

FujiFilm GFX100S ,Printing-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8
1/50s f/2.8 iso100 70-stack
original.jpg

so with these stacked images.... I just throw away rear portions of the stack to give this illusion of shallow DoF since the DoF for the lenses on each image is razor thin.

so with these stacked images.... I just throw away rear portions of the stack to give this illusion of shallow DoF since the DoF for the lenses on each image is razor thin.
Interesting. So you shoot wide open and don't stop down at all? I believe f8 is the sweet spot for the 105, so even 5.6 or so would reduce the # of images to stack. What stacking s/w do you use?

So this is the Printing-Nikkor which is designed for industrial use (see https://coinimaging.com/printing-nikkor_105.html)... primarily to copy 70mm motion picture film. For macros I use primarily industrial lenses check previous flower macros... the sharpest is wide open or almost wide open. I shoot a stack in raw, then convert with color correction in photoshop to TIF, then stack with Zerene Stacker.

well, I might as post the setup with LED lighting toughspun modifiers... of course this was with a different flower and lens, but the lens I used is on the counter (also not my complete set of macro lenses, just a few favs)

Notice the stepper motor on the rear standard connected to the controller. This way the lens doesn't move when I step through the focal planes..

IMG_1626.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Wow, Bob - great images and a lighting setup beyond my wildest imagination.
I'm either too dumb or too lazy to venture into artificial lighting but your results certainly justify the effort !!

well, I might as post the setup with LED lighting toughspun modifiers... of course this was with a different flower and lens, but the lens I used is on the counter (also not my complete set of macro lenses, just a few favs)

Notice the stepper motor on the rear standard connected to the controller. This way the lens doesn't move when I step through the focal planes..

View attachment 51264
Thanks for sharing this picture that give us a good idea of the equipment used to get this high level fo quality, particularly regarding the quality of the light and its distribution without shade. BRAVO ;)

Back