Steve Perry Update 2.25.2021

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update 3.3.2021

Hello Everyone,

Steve wanted me to give you an update from the hospital. He is in the ICU, and on high flow oxygen. He has had a round Remdesivir, antibiotics and steroids for his lung. They have lowered his oxygen today. The lung doctor says if we can get him to Friday and then he shouldn't need the ventilator. He has been on his stomach since yesterday and he is showing a big improvement. He is now able to be on the phone with me without getting winded! He is saying he is starting to feel better, which is the first time since this has all started.
We are both very cautiously optimistic on him finally turning the corner on this virus. We both want to say THANK YOU for keeping us in your prayers. ~ Steve and Rose
Thanks for the update Rose ..... keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers until Steve is home! Please take care of yourself as well!
Gordon

Thanks, Rose, for updating us. We continue to wish the very best for you both. We're sorry he's had a difficult time but know he's in good hands and will be "4 inches behind the camera" as soon as he's home and feeling like himself again.

Thanks for the update Rose. This is a difficult time for both you and Steve and I wish the both of you the very best. I'm glad to hear that Steve is feeling a bit better...this is welcome news!
Best,
Alex

Thanks for the update, please stay safe yourself. This thing is nothing to fool with. Hope Steve is finally on the mend, I'm sure we are all looking forward to hearing from him when he is able.

Another thank you Rose for letting us know. He’s clearly having a serious battle. Lots of support from here as usual in honour of Steve and his generously shared expertise. Hoping he is now about to get steadily better and make a full recovery. All good thoughts and prayers for you. The photography can wait as long as it needs, May he get fully well quickly.

Update 3.3.2021

Hello Everyone,

Steve wanted me to give you an update from the hospital. He is in the ICU, and on high flow oxygen. He has had a round Remdesivir, antibiotics and steroids for his lung. They have lowered his oxygen today. The lung doctor says if we can get him to Friday and then he shouldn't need the ventilator. He has been on his stomach since yesterday and he is showing a big improvement. He is now able to be on the phone with me without getting winded! He is saying he is starting to feel better, which is the first time since this has all started.
We are both very cautiously optimistic on him finally turning the corner on this virus. We both want to say THANK YOU for keeping us in your prayers. ~ Steve and Rose

Please let Steve know we're all concerned and wish him the best, but also concerned for you as well, Rose. Don't neglect your own health here! Remember to take care of you!! Prayers for both of you, and for Steve's health care givers, as well.

Wayne

Hello Everyone,

This is Rose Perry Steve's wife. I know many of you are use to Steve being all over the forum and answering his PM, however at this time he is dealing with COVID and trying to recover from it. So if you have sent any emails or PM's over to him in the last three days he probably will not get to them, sorry. Thank you all for your understanding. Rose
I just heard...get better, Steve!

Thank you for the update!
Best wishes to you and Steve... We all look forward to seeing and hearing from him in the near future.

bruce

Update 3.3.2021

Hello Everyone,

Thank you for the update....You both are in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing Steve a speedy and full recovery very soon. Take care...🙏

Steve Perry UPDATE 3.7.2021

Good Morning Everyone!

I wanted to give you an update on Steve. He is still in the ICU, however they have taken him off of the high flow oxygen and on to the regular oxygen flow. We are still not sure when he will be out of the hospital. With what the doctor has told us we still have a long way to go with recovery once I finally do get him home. We both wanted to say THANK YOU for all your thoughts and prayers. ~ Steve and Rose

Rose, I am just so sad to hear that Steve got so sick with Covid: my heart goes out to both of you at this terrible time. And, it is so good to hear that he now heading in the right direction. Take care of yourself, too.

Thanks for the update Rose. It is good to hear that Steve is continuing to improve. Best wishes to both of you in this difficult time. As you have seen from all the messages on this forum, there are a lot of people who have been helped by Steve and are now offering their best wishes and prayers for his recovery.
You are both in my thoughts,
Best,
Alex

Another thank you for the update Rose, and good to hear Steve is making progress. From your post it sounds as if you and Steve are going to be earning the word patient, as is often the case with Covid. But that said the outlook should be good if you take it steady. Continued thoughts and prayers clearly are in order, and willingly given. Once Steve is up to it, photography is very adaptable thankfully and he can even keep himself suitably amused from a sedentary position until he’s fully fit! All the best, Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back