Storm At Ballintoy --- N. Antrim Coast, N.Ireland.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Gottshotz

Supporting Member
Marketplace
untitled-15-edit-Edit.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Taken from the sea wall protecting Ballintoy harbour on a windy May afternoon. The harbour was used for one of the scenes (Lordsport, the main port of Pyke) in Game of Thrones and is positioned just along the north coast from the infamous Giant's Causeway. Taken with D750 and 24-85mm @68mm, f4.5 1/400 Sec.,ISO 125. Handheld.

Nice capture David. I find it difficult to capture the power of the ocean. I will take a photo of a 3 metre high wave that looks, well, minuscule in the photo. Sometimes they work, usually they don’t! I think you have captured that power here.

Nice capture David. I find it difficult to capture the power of the ocean. I will take a photo of a 3 metre high wave that looks, well, minuscule in the photo. Sometimes they work, usually they don’t! I think you have captured that power here.
Thanks Kathy --- mind you, I had to fiddle around a bit with the LR post editing to get more of a 3D effect in the cloud formations !

Beautiful - hope I can visit one of these days. Ireland was always on my list. I had an Irish English teacher in school. She always told us, how incredible the light and the landscape is - this sure gives us an impression.

Best,

Mike

Super shot David 👏 saw this shot earlier however I was viewing It on my phone and knew for certain that it was a way better image than it looked .. How right I was now that i`ve seen it on the Laptop ....

Great shot
Thanks Patrick, much appreciated, and glad you liked it .
Beautiful - hope I can visit one of these days. Ireland was always on my list. I had an Irish English teacher in school. She always told us, how incredible the light and the landscape is - this sure gives us an impression.

Best,

Mike
Thanks Mike, we certainly have lots of great scenery, but to get the appropriate weather to show it off is in the lap of the gods ! --- I highly recommend a visit .

Super shot David 👏 saw this shot earlier however I was viewing It on my phone and knew for certain that it was a way better image than it looked .. How right I was now that i`ve seen it on the Laptop ....
Thanks Harry, I've often thought of going round a lot of the Game of Throne film locations here, as they are in some spectacular landscapes --- food for thought !

Beautiful shot David. I loved the area when we visited a couple of years ago, especially the Giant's Causeway. In fact loved the entire Island.

Nicely done. Have you tried a B&W version? Sometimes it works and sometimes not.
Thanks Jas, no I haven't really dabbled into the black and white realm much (maybe because I remember black and white TV progs and the problems it gave some shows like snooker's Pot Black when they got down to the colours !) however, on your suggestion I will have a look from now on, to get a different perspective --thanks .

Beautiful shot David. I loved the area when we visited a couple of years ago, especially the Giant's Causeway. In fact loved the entire Island.
Thanks Paul, glad you got the opportunity to see some of what Ireland can produce scenically, if you got the weather too, you were doubly blessed.

Back