Strange Adobe CC Behavior

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

RecalcitrantRon

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I have the photo package from Adobe which includes Lightroom, Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Camera Raw, and Bridge. I have downloaded and installed on my Mac Lightroom Classic, Photoshop, Camera RAW and Bridge. All programs are installed and open just fine. However, when I go into the Creative Cloud App, Photoshop no longer appears as an installed program. Any thoughts on this strange phenomenon?

Screenshot attached.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 9.09.24 PM.png

Are you able to delete and re-load this APP window? I know I had to do it before - but don't ask me how... I managed to delete mine before - but getting it back was another story altogether
It might need a re-set. Whatever works - please let us know

Any chance you loaded the Photoshop beta instead? They are different. If you chose beta when installing the regular photoshop would not be installed. Check the Beta button on the left. Also when you are in lightroom and you right click and choose to edit in Photoshop, does Photoshop appear?

Any chance you loaded the Photoshop beta instead? They are different. If you chose beta when installing the regular photoshop would not be installed. Check the Beta button on the left. Also when you are in lightroom and you right click and choose to edit in Photoshop, does Photoshop appear?
Nope. Not Beta.

Are you able to delete and re-load this APP window? I know I had to do it before - but don't ask me how... I managed to delete mine before - but getting it back was another story altogether
It might need a re-set. Whatever works - please let us know
I have closed CC and re-opened as well as rebooted several times. No change.

My CC Cloud window looks almost identical to yours; when I list "All apps" Photoshop does not show on the list; but I do indeed have both Photoshop and Photoshop Beta installed, and both work fine. Plus, I receive the regular updates for both. As with your screen shot, it only shows Photoshop under "available in your plan." Looks to me like a bit of a bug in Adobe's CC overview. As long as the apps open, that is the important thing.

I had an earlier version of PS vanish on me awhile back (pre beta experimentation). Only solution was to make sure it was fully uninstalled and then reinstall. If you can still use the program, great, but I wouldn't count on no problems over time. If you do play with the beta versions you definitely risk this problem down the road.

Back