Streak inside lens 600TC

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Sooner than later sounds good..........

For consumers they charge $5 or $15 for a courier to collect or
re deliver, for NPS in my experience i haven't paid yet.

I was doing an indoor arena event and my dslr shutter failed halfway through, the event broke for lunch, Nikon with in an hour and half sent out an employee with a loaner and took back my failed unit, two days later they sent by courier my repaired camera with its new shutter and sadly sensor that was damaged as a result.

On another occasion i was on the Gold Coast 1000klm north of Sydney, covering an international event, i was swamped by a freq wave and damaged my camera, i limped along with my travel DF that did a good job because it was better than nothing, i had lent my D5 to a colleague also covering the event as his camera gear didn't arrive as his luggage missed the plain, another mate lent him and spare lens so he was happy.

Nikon grabbed a D4s of the shelf and sent it same day courier that really came over night, the following morning it was at reception, happy days.

I covered the event, the Df on my 300 2.8 VR II with a 2x TC III did the job especially well and even some other shots at 8000 iso and 12800 LOL. Also the D4 and DF both cameras have the same sensor.
They were all taken as JPEGs, and cropped, the negative space was for text logos articles, these images were delivered and used by the clients happily.

We are lucky we are a small population in a large country, i lived in New York city for a while coming home to OZ for a while its like landing in a small country town by comparison LOL.

Only an opinion

View attachment 74605
View attachment 74606
View attachment 74607
Impossible that those shots were taken by a non mirrorless camera! :)

Just as a followup ... I mentioned this in the bokeh oddity thread, but because people here had asked for followup ...

I got a call from Nikon this morning. He asked if I had sent it in for repair yet, and I said I hadn't and expressed my concern about whether there were other issues. He said that was actually why he was calling - they had decided they were going to replace it instead of repair it.

It's definitely going back. My two remaining decisions:
1) When to send it, which depends on which lenses I decide to bring on my trip back East.
2) Whether to insist on a new copy or let them fix the existing one. I'm a bit torn on that one. Most posters so far have recommended insisting on a new copy, because it's unknown what additional issues might exist in my current one that just can't be seen. On the flip side, there's no guarantee that a new copy wouldn't have something wrong, also possibly unseen. If they're specifically looking at this, in theory they'd be taking a look and addressing anything else they find. I dunno - some things are never quite as good if you take them apart after manufacturing, whereas some things can actually be better. I don't know where something like this lens sits on that spectrum. And of course there's also the issue of if (or when) a new copy would even be available
Just as a followup ... I mentioned this in the bokeh oddity thread, but because people here had asked for followup ...

I got a call from Nikon this morning. He asked if I had sent it in for repair yet, and I said I hadn't and expressed my concern about whether there were other issues. He said that was actually why he was calling - they had decided they were going to replace it instead of repair it.
Excellent 👌

That's the way to do it right!!

hope you don't have to wait too long for your replacement lens being shipped to you. really annoying thing you are confronted with here- especially for such high end & high priced lens. Also raises questions how this was possible to slip through Nikon's final inspection / QA...

Back