Sunrise in Bar Harbor, Maine

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

VTRich

Supporting Member
Marketplace
GFX 100S, 32-64mm @ 33mm, 1/80s, F11, ISO 100

SunsetSunriseBH_DSF1455.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Last edited:
Beautiful. It's been a long time since I last saw that four-master.
Thanks!

Very, very nice shot. Goodness!
Thank You!

Excellent Shot Rich! We will be there next month. I’m looking forward to those early morning walks.
Thanks! We come up here almost every year. Acadia is beauiful, although quite crowded anymore. If you plan to drive up Cadillac Mtn, you need to buy a special pass (on top of the park pass) and make reservations now, which you can do on-line. And if you plan on hiking from any of the trail heads in the park, get there early, as the parking spots fill very quickly.

Thanks!

Thank You!

Thanks! We come up here almost every year. Acadia is beauiful, although quite crowded anymore. If you plan to drive up Cadillac Mtn, you need to buy a special pass (on top of the park pass) and make reservations now, which you can do on-line. And if you plan on hiking from any of the trail heads in the park, get there early, as the parking spots fill very quickly.
Thanks for the info. We have been going just about every year since my children were born. Now we travel with my daughter and her family. We rent a house in town for 8 days and will have to get our tickets for Cadillac mountain. Thanks for the reminder. Only down side is the 11-13 hr trip from NJ . It’s starting to get a little old. But we love going there.

... Only down side is the 11-13 hr trip from NJ ...
If it makes you feel any better about it, it is about a 28-30 hour drive from where I live. :) I was planning a road trip that way in the Fall for one of these days, but it is not going to happen this year! I've also thought about flying up and renting a car and doing a southbound trek chasing foliage one Fall. Maybe take ten days-to-two weeks for the entire thing.

If it makes you feel any better about it, it is about a 28-30 hour drive from where I live. :) I was planning a road trip that way in the Fall for one of these days, but it is not going to happen this year! I've also thought about flying up and renting a car and doing a southbound trek chasing foliage one Fall. Maybe take ten days-to-two weeks for the entire thing.
That’s a haul! We are heading to Bar Harbor on July 30. We have an 8 day rental in town. Looking forward to it.

Nice shot. If you live in the area it would be great to take it in the winter when the sun rises further to the southeast. Stacking of multiple exposures would also be an interesting exercise.

Back