Sunrise over The Thames

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

B14C5875-7717-4AAE-85A2-639E784B6B2D.jpeg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

I took this photograph very shortly after sunrise on 19 Feb 2023 from the coast of Shoeburyness, Essex looking out over the Thames towards two WW II structures and a group of wind turbines. The WW II structures are the Boom which acted as an anti-submarine ‘gate’with a similar structure coming out from Kent and a steel chain between the two mid water which was opened and closed by ship. The other is War of the Worlds like structures, Maunsell Forts, which I believe were early look out posts and had anti-aircraft gun emplacements on top.

Anyway, D500, Sigma 150-600mm at 150mm 1/1000, f6.3 and auto-iso 640.

View attachment 55350

I took this photograph very shortly after sunrise on 19 Feb 2023 from the coast of Shoeburyness, Essex looking out over the Thames towards two WW II structures and a group of wind turbines. The WW II structures are the Boom which acted as an anti-submarine ‘gate’with a similar structure coming out from Kent and a steel chain between the two mid water which was opened and closed by ship. The other is War of the Worlds like structures, Maunsell Forts, which I believe were early look out posts and had anti-aircraft gun emplacements on top.

Anyway, D500, Sigma 150-600mm at 150mm 1/1000, f6.3 and auto-iso 640.
Beautiful sunset, love the lighting on the water.

Oliver

Back