Sunset, Grand Teton National Park

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Was out photographing wildlife this evening as the light fell and the skies lit up over Jackson Hole. Wasn't really intending to shoot landscapes but couldn't resist the colors in the sky.

Nikon D850, 16-35mm f/4 @17mm f/9, 1/160", ISO 1600
View attachment 7722

D850, 24-120mm @ 24mm, f/7.1, 1/160", ISO 4000
View attachment 7723
Well done, those are great shots. Wow!

Dave, that #1 chocolate sky, have never seen that colour! Deliciousness delicate and beautiful.
#2 reminds me of the intro to Jerry Bruckheimer films! My kind of country, just beautiful dirt and landscape!

Thanks.

Yeah, these were both shot out in the hay fields South of the Mormon Row barns. Both of these were captured along the dirt connector road that runs from the gravel road South of the barns over to Kelly Warm Springs. I was photographing Pronghorn out there last night when the skies lit up. The colors came on fast and the trick was finding half decent landscape compositions on the fly. I usually take my time to set up the elements in landscapes but there wasn't much time as the color peaked and faded so I shot these handheld and just tried a few things before the color show wrapped up.
beautiful photos. It is the little unexpected surprises nature throws our way that keep me going. You were richly rewarded that evening.

Dave, that #1 chocolate sky, have never seen that colour! Deliciousness delicate and beautiful.
#2 reminds me of the intro to Jerry Bruckheimer films! My kind of country, just beautiful dirt and landscape!
Thanks Callie for the thoughtful reply!

Beautiful shots, Dave! I, like a few others, really like #2. To me, that is a really fantastic shot. I visited Jackson Hole a couple of times 15+ years ago (for work, no photography) and these shots make me want to visit again!

Beautiful shots, Dave! I, like a few others, really like #2. To me, that is a really fantastic shot. I visited Jackson Hole a couple of times 15+ years ago (for work, no photography) and these shots make me want to visit again!
Thanks Greg.

Come on out one of these days and give me a shout if you do :)

Back