If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

kkr_images

Supporting Member
Marketplace
While visiting friends in Nairobi, we spent time in the Arboretum which is in the heart of the city. While we were wandering through the property, we spotted a troupe of Syke's Monkeys. We only had a few minutes to watch and take photographs. These are two of my favorite images from that encounter.

Syke's Monkey watching me watching him copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Syke's Monkey at the Nairobi Arboretum copy.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

While visiting friends in Nairobi, we spent time in the Arboretum which is in the heart of the city. While we were wandering through the property, we spotted a troupe of Syke's Monkeys. We only had a few minutes to watch and take photographs. These are two of my favorite images from that encounter.

View attachment 85445View attachment 85446
Wonderful images Kathy.
Happy trails.

Kathy - Excellent images 🤩 of this Samango monkey as they are called here, also blue monkey. They are only found in the far NE of our region. I have seen them in the wild, but haven't got any shot as good as yours! That top images will also make a stunning mug shot with that inverted spinning top mouth and nose!

Kathy - Excellent images 🤩 of this Samango monkey as they are called here, also blue monkey. They are only found in the far NE of our region. I have seen them in the wild, but haven't got any shot as good as yours! That top images will also make a stunning mug shot with that inverted spinning top mouth and nose!
These were "wild monkeys" even though they were living in the middle of Nairobi. It was unexpected to find this troupe wandering through the park. They were much more shy than the Vervet Monkeys which were also in the arboretum. I am always excited to see primates in the wild 🙂.

Back