Tamron 150-600mmG2: I cannot separate the two front lens elements

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I have water stains between these two front lenses. I can't seem to be able to separate the two lens to clean their inner surfaces! Does anyone know how to do this? if so can you tell me, send a link to a video, etc?
Thanks!

1670521481041.png

wow, you are braver than I am for even trying. Unfortunately I do not have an answer to your question. Just wanted to say it's not something I would try. for me, taking things apart is not hard, it is putting them back together and have them still work that poses a problem.
I hope you find how to get them apart and back together. Would be interested in hearing the results.

Jeff

That lens is likely not that weather sealed, and any water damage repair is going to be at the owners expense.
Tamron claims otherwise. I would try to hold them to it.
"For greater protection when shooting outdoors, leak-proof seals throughout the lens barrel help protect your equipment."

Back