Testing my new toy (perched bird)

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Hi everyone,

About a week ago I bought a Sony RX10 IV (after shooting with the original RX10 for nearly 7 years). I was pretty satisfied with my previous camera, but the 200 mm equivalent lens was very limiting for wildlife. 600 mm equivalent focal length is definitely much better (3x better, right?), I just went for a walk along the river and made this register, I hope you enjoy.

DSC00032-1.JPG
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Hi everyone,

About a week ago I bought a Sony RX10 IV (after shooting with the original RX10 for nearly 7 years). I was pretty satisfied with my previous camera, but the 200 mm equivalent lens was very limiting for wildlife. 600 mm equivalent focal length is definitely much better (3x better, right?), I just went for a walk along the river and made this register, I hope you enjoy.

View attachment 65318
The RX10iv shoots way above its weight class. My wife uses one and has had several images published. It is a very capable camera.

Back