If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Not one of your 'glamour' birds, or a critter that will draw 'ooooooossss' and 'ahhhhhhhhsss' (or Instagram 'likes', for that matter), but they're always fun to watch, and a little challenging to photograph as they don't stand still for a second. TBH, they weren't what I went looking for today, but it's all I got (I'm looking at you Northern Pygmy Owls **shakes fist**).

Dipper-4.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Dipper-1.jpg

Dipper-3.jpg

Dipper-5.jpg

Dipper-2.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
I like them, I like that pretty blue. Nice set.
I'm terrible with words. I see a blueish tint on the grey so that's the blue I'm referring to. Maybe it's only because of the way the light is hitting it that it has the blueish tint perhaps, I'm not sure, just an educated guess??? Does anyone else see it?

I'm terrible with words. I see a blueish tint on the grey so that's the blue I'm referring to. Maybe it's only because of the way the light is hitting it that it has the blueish tint perhaps, I'm not sure, just an educated guess??? Does anyone else see it?
Do you mean the blue on the bird?

Nice shots of the Dippers! We have several cold, clear running streams in the Black Hills where we are monitoring their nesting boxes. Dippers and Kingfishers are my nemesis species!