The Quiet Sea.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

StarTracker50

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Actually an ocean, The Indian Ocean. The are is called Sandsspit. The model is my lovely bride, shot 50 years ago (when we could actually get down, and back up without groaning). The colors are exact. It was a very green sky, that gave a strange cast to the sand, and overall picture. I'm really enjoying going back and looking at these older pictures. I've come to the conclusion that digital cameras and zoom lenses make us (or at least me) lazy when it comes to composition. The fact that I only had 36 pictures in a roll, made me much more careful about composition. My new years resolution is to go back to being much more careful about composition.

Pentax Spotmatic. Super multi-coated Takumar f/1.4. Other settings, unknown.

The Quiet Sea (Lynne) 5th 197307.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nice shot! I remember when I had my first 35mm camera, a Canon AE-1 Program, and knew nothing of photography. I felt the same way about taking shots. I was definitely a little more careful. I just wish I had been more careful with the film. I had taken some wonderful shots of Seoul Korea from Namsan Mountain.

Back