The will to survive

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

Sulphur crested cockatoos are particularly liable to contract beak and feather disease. Not much can be done for birds with the disease. One bird with the disease occasionally visits. I am amazed at the resilience of this individual and its will to survive.

f and beak PP 10 03 2023 -3932-DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

f and beak PP 10 03 2023 -3941-2-DeNoiseAI-standard resize.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Nature is what it is. I consider myself part of it rather than a creature that stands apart and nature is something that can be viewed from outside. Maybe I am wrong.
Yes, that truth shocks me every time I look in the mirror! o_O I still feel young.....so who is that ole' lady in the mirror?!!!!!!!!

Yes, that truth shocks me every time I look in the mirror! o_O I still feel young.....so who is that ole' lady in the mirror?!!!!!!!!
Karen four years ago I put my name down for a body transplant. My only problem is choosing my new self. I did consider a youthful version of Arnold Schwarzenegger but the running costs were high so I might go for a Mr Bean.

Wild creatures can survive illness and injuries that would kill a mere human, I've photographed a deer with an arrow through it's head and another deer that survived for at least four years with an unusable left front leg.

Wild creatures can survive illness and injuries that would kill a mere human, I've photographed a deer with an arrow through it's head and another deer that survived for at least four years with an unusable left front leg.
This is caused by a virus, PCD and it is is generally fatal to the parrots and related species that contract it.

Sulphur crested cockatoos are particularly liable to contract beak and feather disease. Not much can be done for birds with the disease. One bird with the disease occasionally visits. I am amazed at the resilience of this individual and its will to survive.

View attachment 58800

View attachment 58801
Surely a terrible struggle eat with that normally glorious parrot beak so affected. Thanks for sharing the shots of this poor guy.

Back