tiny jumping spider on a trillium flower

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

jeffnles1

Supporting Member
Marketplace
I was shooting this trillium flower when I noticed a slight movement. I got closer with my macro lens and managed to get this shot when the spider came around to see what was going on. The spider was about 1/8 inch across (3.5 to 4mm for our friends on metric system). Hope this comes across well after shrinking the image down.
_6JS5160.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Great shot. Fun little guys.

Great apture and good that you saw the movement. Love looking for little critters on flowers.

That’s awesome. Great macro detail and still shows the perspective with flower and spider.

Nice shot, but I'll bet you that spider was annoyed he left his camera at home and missed out on a shot of you! ;)

--Ken
Thanks everyone! Ken - I think he was thinking just what you said. :)

I was shooting this trillium flower when I noticed a slight movement. I got closer with my macro lens and managed to get this shot when the spider came around to see what was going on. The spider was about 1/8 inch across (3.5 to 4mm for our friends on metric system). Hope this comes across well after shrinking the image down.
View attachment 37626
Love the look. I have got to start looking for these guys!

Love the look. I have got to start looking for these guys!
Thanks. They are cute little spiders for sure. The good news is they are fairly common. There are dozens of species I this group. some are tiny like this one and some are a little bigger. None of them are huge.

this is absolutelly genial brilliant photo!! I often saw those jumping spiders taken very close where they looked very big and actually I've never known how big or small they are! This is my first time I see how actually they are small! And you have it sharp! And it is in his/her environment! Sitting like a hussy minx (I am not sure about right translation, we say in German: "Luder") so a foxy little thing.
Absolutely great photograph! 👍 👍 👍

this is absolutelly genial brilliant photo!! I often saw those jumping spiders taken very close where they looked very big and actually I've never known how big or small they are! This is my first time I see how actually they are small! And you have it sharp! And it is in his/her environment! Sitting like a hussy minx (I am not sure about right translation, we say in German: "Luder") so a foxy little thing.
Absolutely great photograph! 👍 👍 👍
Thank you. They are tiny little ones. I always try to show a little of the environment with my nature and wildlife photos. I'm glad you liked the photo.

Back