To re-set or not re-set...that is my ?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

SonoranDesert

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Hey BCG members, I'm graduating from the wonderful Nikon D7500 to the dynamic Nikon D-850 (pre-owned). Should I reset to factory default or....?
Note: I reckon my next graduation will be from DSLR to mirrorless...but for now...)

I read manuals, rarely when it comes to cameras however are they those produced by the manufacturer :)
I know what you mean…manufacturers manuals have a tendency to be pretty dry and often not well laid out. I’ve used CreativeLive ”Fast Start” on my D7500 and that was very helpful. They also have one on the D850 which I just bought for $14. They basically go through all the features and settings, etc. Great visuals which I prefer.

Hey BCG members, I'm graduating from the wonderful Nikon D7500 to the dynamic Nikon D-850 (pre-owned). Should I reset to factory default or....?
Note: I reckon my next graduation will be from DSLR to mirrorless...but for now...)
Hey,
Congrats on your "new" camera - the D850 is absolutely awesome, and you'll love it. Resetting probably would be a good move, but I'd suggest that you also check out Creative Live's video on the D850 - I found it very interesting and helpful when I purchased my first D850. It will walk you though the many settings, and which ones you probably should use. The videos generally run around $20 and, in my opinion, are well worth it (I have no affiliation at all to Creative Live).

Best of luck!

Hey,
Congrats on your "new" camera - the D850 is absolutely awesome, and you'll love it. Resetting probably would be a good move, but I'd suggest that you also check out Creative Live's video on the D850 - I found it very interesting and helpful when I purchased my first D850. It will walk you though the many settings, and which ones you probably should use. The videos generally run around $20 and, in my opinion, are well worth it (I have no affiliation at all to Creative Live).

Best of luck!
Thank you! I'm really excited to get it set up and get out and shoot. I've done the re-set and funny....I just finished 6/19 lesson on Creative Live for the D850. I love John Greengo! When I first got my D7500 I found CL and went through the Fast Start for it. It is so helpful! Coupled with finding this forum and Steve's e-books and video I have learned so much. The members here are so helpful. In fact, I bought my 850 and a macro lens from one of the members here. Even though we'd never met the trust was there. Thanks again for your support - really appreciate it. Cheers!

Last edited:
Reactions: Hut
Back