To the Moon Alice....

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Last nights moon was spectacular here in Massachusetts and I decided to give it another try. In the past I haven't had much luck. The moon was just behind some light clouds and the reflections were amazing to the naked eye but with the camera I could get one or the other. I assume that if I learned focus stacking that might help but is there a way to get them in a single shot. Shooting manual ISO 100 F11 1/40 -3 EV .. Nikon Z6ii 100-400 with 2x TC. 2nd image is a B&W version of the first. Thanks for any help and thoughts,,
Z62_0972.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.
Z62_0972BW.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Maybe it's just my monitors, but I'm confused about the black "blob" on the bottom half of the moon. in the first image. (maybe artifact of cloning/editing?) Second image doesn't show it since the sky is all black.

Either way, I like the second photo. Not sure why, but the impact "rays" from the craters always remind me of animal tracks leading to water holes in Africa.

Back