Turtles

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

JAS

Supporting Member
Marketplace
Almost every dive I made was fun and some were more fun than others. Any dive where you got to spend time with a turtle was a lot of fun!
Ther first five shots are are of a Hawksbill Turtle, the most common where we were diving. They were reasonably tolerant of our presence, but would be gone if two fin flips if they stopped liking us. The ones we saw were mostly about 20-24in/50-60cm in length, though they can be much bigger. One shot is a bit sylized - the turtle heading to the surface to breathe and is highlighted against the penetrating sunlight. We saw turtles feeding at depths up to 110ft/34m.
The last two shots are of a Grees Sea Turtle. This one was about 40in/1m long with a remora riding on its back. This was the only one I ever saw where we were diving.
Turtles01.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Turtles02.jpg

Turtles05.jpg
Turtles06.jpg

Turtles07.jpg

Turtles03.jpg

Turtles04.jpg

It was an amazing experience. I was dragged into it by a co-worker who had been diving all over the globe. It took about 4 years after I got there to move from snorkeling to diving, and another year plus to move up to a Nikon1 J3 with housing and lights for photography. People think of Saudi Arabia as all desert, which is mostly correct. However, they forget about the long RedSea Coastline and the stunning offshore and underwater resources there. Almost all of my dives were done off about a 2km/11.2mi. stretch of that coastline and every dive was a new adventure. I amm reviewing my photos to pick shots for a Portfolio page and book or two for family.
Thank you for your positive comments.

Back