Up for a swim?

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

HSS_5324-small.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

too Green?

Nice photograph, I like seeing gators every time I'm in SC,GA, and Florida. He's one big gator! You just posted the B&W as I posted my comments. Like both (leaning more towards the B&W) since I grew up with B&W. Color was a luxury we couldn't afford in the 50's and 60's. I think our 1st color TV my parents purchased was in the mid 70's.

Last edited:
Was that about the color of the water? Nothing at all wrong with green water as it contrasts nicely with the subject. You can adjust it a bit, but only to better reflect the color you want to show in the image.

When you zoom in a bit it seems there are artefacts in the water such as you might see from using something like Topaz or DXO. And if seems just a bit oversharpened to my eye. So maybe back off on that a bit.

I'd like more room in the direction of the swim, which could be easily added, with the advantage of making the format longer in the horizontal, accentuating the long nature of the subject.

The green seems a little highly saturated. If lightroom, maybe vibrance instead of saturation or even a little negative saturation.

For reference, I recently was able to photograph loons. At one point they swam into green water (the forest trees reflecting in the water) and those are my favorite shots. It was springtime and the greens were very intense and bright . I like those images much better than those with the blue water ( the sky reflecting in the water).

It comes down to personal preference and how the photographer wants to present the image.

When you zoom in a bit it seems there are artefacts in the water such as you might see from using something like Topaz or DXO. And if seems just a bit oversharpened to my eye. So maybe back off on that a bit.

I'd like more room in the direction of the swim, which could be easily added, with the advantage of making the format longer in the horizontal, accentuating the long nature of the subject.

The green seems a little highly saturated. If lightroom, maybe vibrance instead of saturation or even a little negative saturation.
fair call DXO on standard settings were used ill skip DXO on the next run

Back