Upside Down

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

R

raybug42

DSC_0805_012.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

Any specific feedback you are looking for or anticipated use of the image? It's an odd pose, for sure. The whites are seriously over exposed and there seems to be a bit of motion blur.

Any specific feedback you are looking for or anticipated use of the image? It's an odd pose, for sure. The whites are seriously over exposed and there seems to be a bit of motion blur.
Everyone is not as perfect in life as you are.

You put the photo in the critique section, meaning you are asking for feedback on the pros and cons. Check out the guidelines here. You have to hope folks will give honest feedback because thats how to improve, and not fair to the person you asked for a critique to be defensive. I agree the main thing my eyes go to are the blown whites. Sadly it ruins what could have been a fantastic shot. Its happened to everyone. It happens when the sun glints off a white area at just the right angle. One thing to do is use your camera blinkies and exposure compensation to dial in enough negative compensation, or to peek at the histogram to see if anything is climbing the right wall.

I agree With Karen on the pose - It's awkward, but it is interesting, and different.
Again - Karen is correct, the whites are blown, this could be acceptable if in tiny spots, but here it is far too much.
The pinks are beautifully exposed.
I can see the light was challenging.
The nictitating membrane (I think it's called that) is in my opinion not good in a bird shot,
unless you specifically want to show how it works or something like that

I am sorry - I don't understand your comment in post no 5

You put the photo in the critique section, meaning you are asking for feedback on the pros and cons. Check out the guidelines here. You have to hope folks will give honest feedback because thats how to improve, and not fair to the person you asked for a critique to be defensive. I agree the main thing my eyes go to are the blown whites. Sadly it ruins what could have been a fantastic shot. Its happened to everyone. It happens when the sun glints off a white area at just the right angle. One thing to do is use your camera blinkies and exposure compensation to dial in enough negative compensation, or to peek at the histogram to see if anything is climbing the right wall.

Was not meant to be put into the critique section of this forum. I will delete it if I can figure out how. I have trouble navigating this site.

While supporting members get a delete button, members can hit the report button and ask a moderator to delete something. If you want to delete just one comment you can edit it and remove everything except you have to leave a couple of characters or a word, for example "deleted" or just "-"

Back