URGENT HELP. - Self timer staying on Z-9 setting

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

NLK Photos

Nancy K
Supporting Member
Marketplace
I’m currently in the field trying to shoot seven day old great horned owl and I just updated my firmware of the Z9 yesterday and went through Steve’s settings and made those corrections. My problem is I’m out in the field my dial is set to high speed frames, but when I depress the shutter, it is only giving me one shot at a time on the timer at two seconds.

No matter what position I use. I’m just getting one shot every two seconds that I have the shutter button down.

How do I get the camera back to taking multiple high-speed shots?

Here ya go:

Exposure Delay Mode (Z9 only)

Exposure Delay Mode tells the camera to wait a specified amount of time after you press the shutter release before it snaps the photo. While I don’t use it too much with wildlife (I prefer the self-timer method previously described), some shooters like it better since it doesn’t flash the little light on the front of the camera as it counts down.

Exposure Delay Mode is also more primitive than our self-timer. It’s simply a delay option for when you press the shutter. You can’t ask it to take a specific number of shots, put intervals between captures, or pull off any other fancy tricks.

For me, I tend to use Exposure Delay Mode more for macro work and landscapes - situations where I’m using a slower shutter speed on a tripod and want to ensure any inadvertent vibrations introduced by a clumsy finger have vanished by the time the shutter releases. In fact, I have this on most of the time for normal macro and landscape work with slower shutter speeds, usually at a generous 3 seconds. (For Focus Shift Shooting, I turn it off since the camera automatically delays for a few seconds before it starts).

To set it up, jump into the Exposure delay mode menu and choose the delay you want from the resulting screen. Again, I usually pick 3 seconds to ensure any jitters have cleared themselves from the rig.

pastedGraphic.png

Hint: Remember to pop back into the menu and shut it off when you’re done - or your next action sequence will pay the price!

I want to thank everyone for the quick response. I just went through the entire settings book over the weekend. ... All 500 plus pages. I must have missed the last part of Steve's recommendation to turn that off when not needed. I thought my day out with the little fuzzy owlets was going to be a complete bust - but I was saved by this BCG Form. Thanks again.

Back