Use Nikon. D850.

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

I've not used it, but there have been frequent positive comments here and on other forums. I've used keh.com, a similar used gear site, with success.

I have been looking at this website. mpb.com On a used D850. I have no idea about this website. If it's good or bad. Anybody has information on it? I would appreciate it. cj5thwheel
I bought a used D500 from them and was very pleased. The first one they sent was a UK model and I wanted a US model in case I needed service in the future; they gladly swapped it out. I also sold some used cameras and lenses to them for a fair price. I recommend them.

I have used them and have been satisfied. The only problem I've had is when I've returned something for exchange, it takes awhile to process the exchange and get the new gear back. Also, as Greg mentioned, make sure to ask them the item has a US serial number, as I have received non-US warrantied items which I had to exchange. Mpb hasn't charged me tax on items, either.

I have used MPB to both buy and sell Nikon lenses. On the most recent lens I bought its condition was better than advertised or rated by MPB. When you send gear to them to sell, they pay for the shipping. I recommend them.

I've purchased two bodies from MPB, they were both better than MPB had indicated. There wasn't a mark on either one when I received them; I don't remember the shutter count on either when I received them, but it was a lot less than they now have. MPB's price was more than fair, they shipped promptly and the packing was excellent.

I have been looking at this website. mpb.com On a used D850. I have no idea about this website. If it's good or bad. Anybody has information on it? I would appreciate it. cj5thwheel
I’ve made purchases there before without any problems. Prices are fair and they list shutter counts for camera bodies. I’d recommend them. Sales I made were priced fairly. Other places would drop estimates post-inspection on mint equipment.

Last edited:
In my experience, KEH pays a little more when you sell your equipment. MPB is a great company to deal with, and I have bought and sold to/from both MPB and KEH with high satisfaction.

In the UK I've bought from MPB a few times with no issues. However, when selling they don't offer the highest prices compared to the other companies I got quotes from.

Hudson loves MPB…

updated: a London store offered me £400 for my z24-70 f4 while this morning, after watching the video, MPB offered £300….was thinking of getting the z 24-120 f4, but they’re like rocking horse manure. Don’t exist!

I have bought several items from them including my current d500 with less than a thousand clicks. Good company to me. I have also sold to them. No issues good service and I had a 6 month warranty on my camera and lenses

My brother has bought and sold on MPB and recommends them. He knows I've had the Nikon 105 1.4 on my wishlist and pointed me to a few that mpb had on their site. I couldn't justify the purchase but if I could have I would have gone ahead and bought it from them.

I’ve sold stuff to them and the experience has been very positive. I’ve looked for some used equipment on their site unfortunately they never had what I was looking for when I was in the market. I wouldn’t hesitate to buy something from them based on my experience so far.

Back