Using a tablet to sort photos

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Robert S

Eldest daughter gave me an old iPad Air 2. Took me all yesterday to sort the thing out. Anyway now I can copy images from camera [ R7 ] to it by Bluetooth. Will come in handy when I go on holiday.
Does anyone else do that?

Eldest daughter gave me an old iPad Air 2. Took me all yesterday to sort the thing out. Anyway now I can copy images from camera [ R7 ] to it by Bluetooth. Will come in handy when I go on holiday.
Does anyone else do that?
That’s how I do it. I load them onto my ipad from the card and then process and sort using my I pad. I process using the Apple Photo app and if I need to do any heavy lifting I then use Affinity Photo. The ones I want to share or print I mark as a favorite.

That’s how I do it. I load them onto my ipad from the card and then process and sort using my I pad. I process using the Apple Photo app and if I need to do any heavy lifting I then use Affinity Photo. The ones I want to share or print I mark as a favorite.
Thanks Ralph, I will not process on the iPad just sort .

If you plan on transferring to computer to process you have to do it a certain way or you will not be getting raw files on the computer, they will be converted to JPEG.
I would transfer from the camera to my desktop when I get home. With two 125G cards I should be ok. BTW I assume that if I delete unwanted files from the camera cards the space can be used again. If not it sort of defeats the purpose.

I copy to my iPad but I use a cable as WiFi for raw files is just very slow. From the iPad I then copy to a Sandisc SSD … giving me an extra backup.
I also use Affininty Photo on both iPad and Mac, but one needs to be careful….edited raw files on an iPad copy as jpeg … make sure you do have raw backups just in case.

I copy to my iPad but I use a cable as WiFi for raw files is just very slow. From the iPad I then copy to a Sandisc SSD … giving me an extra backup.
I also use Affininty Photo on both iPad and Mac, but one needs to be careful….edited raw files on an iPad copy as jpeg … make sure you do have raw backups just in case.
Thanks Patrick. It seems my best bet is to view the photos on the iPad as jpeg and wait till I get back to download them on my desktop using EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional.
Am I right in thinking that I can remove the cards from the camera when they are full and replace them with fresh cards, putting the full cards back in the camera when I get home to download them?

Thanks Patrick. It seems my best bet is to view the photos on the iPad as jpeg and wait till I get back to download them on my desktop using EOS Utility and Digital Photo Professional.
Am I right in thinking that I can remove the cards from the camera when they are full and replace them with fresh cards, putting the full cards back in the camera when I get home to download them?
Absolutely. That is actually another layer of backup.

Back