Valley View (Gates of the Valley), Yosemite National Park

If you would like to post, you'll need to register. Note that if you have a BCG store account, you'll need a new, separate account here (we keep the two sites separate for security purposes).

Jonathan

A classic view of Yosemite Valley from a trip in October 2022. The purple and pink colors lasted for just a few minutes and timed perfectly with the warm, last light on El Capitan!
1F8A0446.jpg
You can only see EXIF info for this image if you are logged in.

One of the most beautiful images I have seen of Yosemite!
Thank you! This was one of my favorites from the trip.
Lovely. Perfect reflection.
Thanks! I walked the area and tried a couple different tripod heights before settling on this composition. I wanted to avoid rocks in the El Capitan reflection.
Truly stunning.
Thanks!
Thank you!
Beautiful
Thanks, I appreciate the comments!
Fantastic scenic.
Thanks Charles, you can almost point your camera in any direction and come away with a good photo in Yosemite.
Great shot!
Thank you Rick!

The definition of a "wall hanger"
Thanks! I was happy with how it turned out. Now to get a print!
Fabulous shot the warm light sets this off perfectly

Harry.G
Thank you, I thought so too.
Beautifulk capture and presentation of a place I still need to visit. Nice inspiration!
You should definitely go, I recommend either spring or fall to avoid the huge summer crowds

In spring, the waterfalls are spectacular but when I went there was still snow at the higher elevations, so I wasn’t able to access certain areas of the park.

Fall was nice as it was less crowded than my spring visit. Plus the areas in the high country that were closed during my previous visit were open, so I got to see some different areas of the park. However, the waterfalls were dry/low flow. Although the lower water flow allows for cleaner reflections in the river as seen in my photo above.

Thanks! I was happy with how it turned out. Now to get a print!

Most definitely! Make it a big print.

Yosemite is one of my favorite places, but I haven't visited in about thirty years, after visiting very frequently in the early 1990s. Your photo has me thinking it's time to schedule a return.

Beautiful scene, but I think with a little more post-processing you could really make that image pop. You’ve got great light to work with, but as processed it is fairly flat and lacks depth. Try adding some more luminosity in the sky and directional light on the mountains. Also, the left side of the image is very dark especially in the center. Try bringing up those shadows and using some targeted adjustments to create path that leads your eye into and through the scene. It’s a pretty picture as is but there’s a lot more potential to be unlocked.

Beautiful scene, but I think with a little more post-processing you could really make that image pop. You’ve got great light to work with, but as processed it is fairly flat and lacks depth. Try adding some more luminosity in the sky and directional light on the mountains. Also, the left side of the image is very dark especially in the center. Try bringing up those shadows and using some targeted adjustments to create path that leads your eye into and through the scene. It’s a pretty picture as is but there’s a lot more potential to be unlocked.
Ben, thanks I appreciate the constructive comments!

Back